Monday, July 2, 2012

Well here we go. The long awaited heartworm shot. As you can tell he's thrilled. I think he's more thrilled that I awakened him early to go get this thing. Per the vet at noon, he took the shot "well". Whatever that means.

While I have waited today...and by waited I mean, I had a flat...waited on the AAA guy named Kirk. he game ME a bottled water. I took the car to the tire place... and waited. I went to lunch while I waited. And then waited as a patient's partner told his story. And came home and am waiting now for a phone call.

In the meantime, over these last "waiting weeks", I have two friends who have had babies. I have had two friends lose a mentor to death. I have witnessed a wedding and a reunion of hearts of those that surrounded them. I have seen what friendships do to sustain people. I have driven to Ohio and back and then watched as 20 something people drove into the morning light to go to church camp.
So maybe I haven't waited and done nothing. Surely not. An article today that is making its way around  "the facebook" talks of the need, deep deep need, for idleness. To sit. To ponder. To be.

I was anxious about this day as I was returning to work having been away and having missed out on too many deaths...or so I thought. I dont feel like I have done much. I was and am anxious about the evening to come.

And then I remembered my dear Dot telling me to wait in line is a gift from God to be quiet and take it in.

This life.

This life of babies and weddings. Of friends and family. Of creatures to care and love.

And await my dream guy.

All will be well.

No comments: