Tuesday, April 10, 2007

And it's only Tuesday

1) Sunday – Easter Baptism. I heard, "you are a child of God".
2) Monday- My own Easter Sermon for Homiletics . I heard "spirit filled".
3) Tuesday – I heard Matt Lauer give Don Imus more airtime after he was suspended from CBS Radio.
4) Tuesday -I heard C. Vivian Stringer, a coach, a woman, a mother, speak out for her team who might as well be her family. “we had to experience racist and sexist remarks that are deplorable, despicable, and abominable and unconscionable. It hurts me." C. Viv, it hurts us all.
5) Tuesday - I heard three speakers at school talk about HIV/AIDS in the Black Church. We can’t talk in ANY church about sexuality. Based on # 3 and 4, we apparently can’t talk appropriately about each other.

Can we go back to number one and start over?

No comments: